Does anyone else have picky children? My kids are the weirdest! If I put a salmon fillet in front of them they won’t eat it but if I put a salmon burger in front of them, they’ll gobble it right up! That’s why I came up with these Salmon Burgers with Broccoli Slaw. They’re an absolute slam-dunk in our house! Pleasing all, from toddler to Daddy.
Because our family is wheat-free, we opt to eat things like burgers over a salad, slaw, or wrapped in lettuce. Occasionally we will eat our burgers with a gluten-free bun. But just because the label says “gluten-free”, doesn’t mean it’s healthy so I’m always careful to read my labels or I make my own!
This is a very versatile recipe and the burgers themselves can be served in many different ways! Wrap the burgers in lettuce with fresh tomato and avocado, sandwich it in-between your favorite gluten-free bun, or serve overtop your favorite salad or on the side of your favorite vegetable dish!
If you aren’t a big fish fan, the Broccoli Slaw is a great side to bring to a Summer potluck. It is perfect served alongside some delicious barbecue!
For more delicious dinner recipes click here.
Brittany Williams has taken the weight loss world by storm with her best-selling Instant Loss Cookbook. After reaching a peak weight of 260 pounds and spending a lifetime struggling with obesity, yo-yo dieting, autoimmune diseases, and chronic fatigue, Brittany changed her relationship with food and lost an astonishing 125 pounds in a year through diet alone.
Brittany’s latest book, Instant Loss Eat Real, Lose Weight shows how to make this a sustainable lifestyle with kid and family-friendly meals—from Strawberry Shortcake Oatmeal to Cowboy Chili to Easy 2-Minute Pork Chops. Members of her growing community have reported losing 50 and even 100 pounds themselves! This cookbook will help others achieve similar success with simple, delicious meals, nearly all ready in 30 minutes or less.
Salmon Burgers with Broccoli SlawPrint Recipe
- 14 ounces salmon fillet, skin and pin bones removed
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon fine ground sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 2 cups broccoli slaw
- 1 ripe medium avocado
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon fine ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chopped onion
- Place the salmon in a food processor and pulse it until it resembles a course ground meat, about 3 seconds. Transfer the salmon to a bowl and add the dijon mustard, lemon juice, chives, sea salt, black pepper, and cayenne. Gently combine. Divide the mixture into 4 to 6 equal parts, depending on how large you like your burgers, use your hands to form the patties.
- On the stove top, preheat a 12-inch cast iron pan over medium-high heat. When the pan has warmed, add the oil. Place the patties inside of the pan and cook until each side is golden brown and cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- To assemble the slaw, place the cabbage and broccoli slaw in a large bowl and set aside. In a wide mouth mason jar combine the avocado, water, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, chives, salt, garlic powder, and chopped onion. Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Pour the dressing over the slaw mixture and toss to coat. Serve the salmon burgers over the broccoli slaw.