Alright, the secret’s out. I’m a hummus lover if you couldn’t tell by the sheer number of hummus recipes I have on my website. Hummus is a fantastic, budget friendly snack. But did you know that you can use hummus to cure your sweet tooth too?
This delicious Instant Pot Cookie Dough Hummus is just the thing to cure all your cookie dough craving needs! It’s 100% egg free and vegan so no need to worry about salmonella. This is guilt-free cookie dough you can eat with a spoon, or with your fingers, whichever you prefer.
I started making all of my legumes in my Instant Pot Pressure Cooker a few years ago. Not only does it save me a bundle but it also reduces waste. I make all of my chickpeas in my Instant Pot and I store what I don’t use immediately inside of my freezer. Whenever I need a cup, I just grab a cup out of the freezer, and that’s that!
To make chickpeas inside of your Instant Pot, begin by placing 1 pound of chickpeas inside a large bowl. Fill the bowl with water and let the chickpeas soak for 8 hours or overnight. Rinse and drain the chickpeas before adding them to your Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Barely cover the chickpeas with water, it’s okay if a pea or two is peaking out above the water line. Close and lock the lid, making sure the vent valve is in the sealing position.
Using the display panel select the manual/pressure cook function and use the +/- buttons until the pot says 25 minutes. When the cooker beeps to let you know it’s finished let it naturally release the pressure, about 30 minutes. When straining the chickpeas, keep the goopy liquid that remains. The liquid is called aquafaba and it is an excellent egg replacer! Rinse you chickpeas and use in any recipe that calls for cooked or canned chickpeas!
Instant Pot Cookie Dough HummusPrint Recipe
- 1 cup canned or cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine ground sea salt, if the chickpeas have no salt added
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Place the chickpeas, tahini, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and sea salt inside of a blender or a food processor and blend on high until smooth. Stir in the dairy free chocolate chips and serve. Store covered, inside of the refrigerator for up to five days.