This Chicken, Brown Rice and Vegetable Soup is a bonafide miracle worker. No, really. It has special magical powers.
This soup can actually make you feel better if you’re under the weather or… in the weather. I live in beautiful sunny California but we’re at a higher elevation so we get a little bit of inclement weather during the winter. I say this with great fear of all of those from Michigan and Canada throwing things at me. I know, we Californians don’t really know true inclement weather but all the same. This soup is sure to warm you right up no matter your ailment!
I would highly suggest sharing this with as many people as you can. It’s such a great recipe that so many people can appreciate. It’s great just to take to potlucks and family gatherings.
CHICKEN BROWN RICE AND VEGGIE SOUP
1. Put all of the ingredients for the rice in your Instant Pot.
2. Set to Manual for 28 minutes.
3. When rice is done, quick release.
2 Whole Frozen Chicken Breasts
32 oz Homemade Veggie Broth
1 Sweet Potato; chopped
1 Large Yellow Onion; diced
4 Handfulls of Baby Carrots
1 Yellow Squash; chopped
1/2 Stalk of Celery; chopped
3 tsp Minced Garlic
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tbsp Thyme
2 tbsp Parsley
2 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1. Place all ingredients in the Instant Pot, including the cooked rice.
2. Mix it all together.
3. Set pot to Manual for 12 mins.
4. When the time is up, remove chicken breasts from the pot and dice. Add back to the soup and enjoy!
If you make this delicious recipe, be sure to share a picture of it on Instagram with the hashtag #InstantLoss. I love seeing your kitchen creations!
Chicken, Brown Rice, and Veggie Soup
- BROWN RICE INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 cup Organic Brown Rice
- 3/4 cup Homemade Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp Better Than Bouillon
- 1 tbsp Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- SOUP INGREDIENTS
- 2 Whole Frozen Chicken Breasts
- 32 oz Homemade Veggie Broth
- 1 Sweet Potato; chopped
- 1 Large Yellow Onion; diced
- 4 Handfulls of Baby Carrots
- 1 Yellow Squash; chopped
- 1/2 Stalk of Celery; chopped
- 3 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbsp Thyme
- 2 tbsp Parsley
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
FOR THE RICE
Put all of the ingredients for the rice in your Instant Pot.
Set to Manual for 28 minutes.
When rice is done, quick release.
FOR THE SOUP
Place all ingredients in the Instant Pot, including the cooked rice.
Mix it all together.
Set pot to Manual for 12 mins.
When the time is up, remove chicken breasts from the pot and dice. Add back to the soup and enjoy!