These Pumpkin Blender Muffins are a whole grain treat that taste like a piece of Fall! The longer they sit the yummier they become as all those pumpkin-y flavors have a chance to mingle, cool, and soak each other up!
I like to eat mine with a little spread of grass-fed butter, adding a bit of honey turns it into a really sweet treat! If you’ve been around for awhile you know that we replaced cereal in January with whole grain muffins, grain free donuts, and whole grain breads.
My family, along with an estimated 60% of the population, has the MTHFR Gene Mutation, I know it sounds like a bad word lol. All that means is that we really have to stay away from Folic Acid, the oxidize form of folate which is what our bodies truly need. Unfortunately most cereal (along with most processed food) is chalk full of folic acid, per a mandate that the FDA passed about five years ago.
Because I have to be so vigilant it was important to me to create delicious treats that my kids could have for breakfast that are healthy for their bodies, low in sugar, lacking in chemicals and artificial sweeteners, and wouldn’t make them feel like they’re missing out!
So we can’t eat cereal, what I thought was going to be a big deal turned out to be a blessing! My little guys diets are much cleaner now and they stay fuller longer.
Who can say no to a delicious muffin for breakfast? It’s like eating something naughty without the stomach ache and bloating!
Pumpkin Blender Muffins
Makes 24 mini muffins or 6 regular sized
3/4 cup Oats (any kind will do, I use steel cut)
1/3 cup Organic Canned Pumpkin
1/4 cup 100% Pure Organic Maple Syrup (Grade A or B)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Put all ingredients in high powered blender and process till smooth.
3. Grease muffin pan and fill cups 1/2-3/4 full.
4. Bake for 10 minutes for mini or 16 minutes for regular. Enjoy!
*Note: We cut out cereal in January so I make these or a variation of these almost daily for my kiddos.
- 3/4 cup Oats (any kind will do, I use steel cut)
- 1/3 cup Organic Canned Pumpkin
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup 100% Pure Organic Maple Syrup (Grade A or B)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 2. Put all ingredients in high powered blender and process till smooth.
- 3. Grease muffin pan and fill cups 1/2-3/4 full.
- 4. Bake for 10 minutes for mini or 16 minutes for regular. Enjoy!