Holidays never fail to throw me off my groove while I’m working hard at losing weight. One *cheat* meal over the holiday has the tendency to send me back tracking for days, weeks, sometimes months.
Here are 5 tips to help you get back on track after a holiday weekend.
- Don’t bring the holiday home with you. Leave all goodies and desserts at the party or if the party was at your house, make guests a doggy bag and send leftovers home with them. If it isn’t in your house you can’t eat it!
- Get back into your routine. Do not let the holiday spill into your week. Be intentional on Monday morning. Get up, drink water, and make yourself a healthy breakfast to kick off your week the right way. Don’t let the lure of holiday slothfulness stop you from being successful.
- Give your digestive system a rest, especially if you’re up a few pounds after a holiday weekend. Consider juicing for a few meals or drinking meal replacement smoothies. If you pre-break down your post-holiday meals for your body (by juicing or blending them), your digestive tract can spend more resources digesting your *cheat* meal(s).
- Tighten your belt. Consider cutting sugar, grain, and dairy out entirely for a week or two following your holiday. It’ll give you an awesome jump start to getting back into your groove and you’ll see wonderfully encouraging results, fast.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff! Didn’t make the best choices over the weekend? Disappointed with the number on the scale? It’s okay! Just don’t let the disappointment take over. Give yourself a little grace and get back up on the horse. Even if you have to re-lose five pounds you already lost, don’t sweat it. It’ll come off fast if you’re intentional about your diet for the next couple of weeks!