The first time I made these no one would believe that they were grain free. They are a healthier alternative to traditional Chocolate Chip Cookies. I hope you love them just as much as we do! Be warned, you may need to hide these away so you don’t eat the whole batch! I only make them when we have company or when I’m going to someone else’s house and can make a deposit.
Makes 12 cookies
1/4 cup Palm Shortening
1/4 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
2 tbsp Raw Organic Honey
1 large Egg, room temperature
2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
2 tbsp Coconut Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 cup Dairy Free Chocolate Chunks
1/4 cup Dairy Free Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, cream the palm shortening, coconut sugar, honey, egg, and vanilla for about 15 seconds until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt and mix again until combined, about 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed in order to incorporate all of the flour. Pulse once or twice more.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Using a cookie scoop place cookies on a greased baking sheet and then flatten gently into 1/2 in thick disks. The cookies don’t spread much so create the size and thickness you want prior to baking them.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes, until slightly golden around the edges.